Building Leadership capacity - developing your coaching skills to impact on school improvement and performance
One place free to every TTSA ‘Full’ or ‘Leadership’ membership school. This place is offered in the first instance to the Headteacher but may be passed to a member of the leadership team.
This 5 Day Programme aims:
- To build on the experience and expertise of leaders and enable them to extend their leadership to incorporate coaching as a tool for success for school improvement
- To build a strong culture of coaching across the teaching school alliance
- To explore and practice the key skills of effective coaching
- To develop confidence to coach colleagues in the workplace
Programme Leader: Gwen Cavill
Gwen’s background is in leadership development and executive coaching and she is a member of a number of coaching and mentoring teams. She devises coaching programmes for leaders and facilitators of learning programmes as well as those involved in building capacity in organisations. These programmes focus on the skills needed to coach effectively and help leaders understand the full range of coaching styles and the impact they have in particular situations.
Gwen works with national organisations, including National College, SELT and Aspect working on change management and its key importance in the shifting of culture to meet future demands in education.
Dates (5 day programme):
- Friday 29th September 2017
- Friday 13th October 2017
- Thursday 9th November 2017
- Friday 19th January 2018
- Tuesday 13th March 2018
All dates run 9.30am - 3.30pm at the Conference Centre at Oldway Primary School.