Specialist Leaders of Education (SLEs)
come under the designation of teaching schools. Application for SLE support in a school is brokered by Torbay Teaching School Alliance (TTSA).
Applications for brokering SLEs are made via TTSA by contacting:
Karen Gannon, School Development Partner at: email@example.com (01803 522096) or
Wendy Vreony, TTSA Assistant Director at: firstname.lastname@example.org (01803 697634)
- The school requesting support completes a ‘Request for SLE support form SLE 1' (Please contact either of the above or download below )
- The headteacher of the school requesting support and the TTSA School Development Partner (or a TTSA NLE if school to school support funding has been allocated) meet to determine the scope, timescale and anticipated outcomes of the intervention and complete a ‘SLE deployment form SLE 2’’.
- The completed ‘SLE deployment form’ is then forwarded to the SLE.
- The SLE contacts the headteacher to finalise arrangements.
- At the end of the agreed support the SLE and the headteacher of the school complete the ‘SLE evaluation form SLE 3’.
- The completed evaluation form is forwarded to the TTSA School Development Partner
- SLE rate is £350 per day. £315 will be paid to the SLE’s home school; £35 will be retained by TTSA to cover training, support and admin for SLEs.