School Development Partner - Torbay Teaching School Alliance
Torbay Teaching School Alliance has been at the heart of local education since its inception as one of the first Teaching School Alliances in the Country. The Alliance works with both Primary and Secondary Schools across Torbay & Devon.
The Alliance is seeking to appoint an experienced Headteacher or Senior Leader who has current Ofsted experience to support school improvement and provide challenge that is crucial to maintaining schools on a secure and credible improvement pathway. The role is part time, initially one day per week with the possibility of increasing to two days per week.
The successful applicant will liaise with Torbay's Local Education Board to identify schools which may need support, develop and / or commission development of post-Ofsted action plans, improve outcomes for all TTSA children, with a particular focus on closing the gap, provide professional advice, support and coaching to a governing body in an Ofsted category, advise on how to monitor and evaluate impact of support which includes action identified in a post-Ofsted Action Plan/School Improvement Plan, commission and direct the work of any external support e.g NLEs / LLEs / SLEs and any other appropriate and accredited body.
The School Development Partner will also be expected to:
• Contribute to schools’ data information and work with the Director and Deputy Director of TTSA to highlight themes and concerns.
• Provide advice, guidance, signposting for schools.
• Support head teachers by providing an OfSTED perspective on self-evaluation and school improvement planning.
• Line manage SLEs.
• Manage and monitor commissioned support provided to schools.
• Complete records of support and intervention in schools.
• Support the analysis of both individual school performance and performance across all Torbay schools.
• Support schools in identifying and meeting their development needs.
• Assist in the evaluation of the quality and impact of teaching and learning in Torbay schools.
• Undertake training and development provided by the DfE / Teaching School Council (TSC) as and when necessary.
• Help develop the approaches to identifying and sharing good practice within and across schools.
• Visit schools as and when necessary to discuss / establish needs.
To arrange an informal discussion about this post, please contact Mrs Wendy Vreony on 01803 697634.
This post is an employee of the Riviera Education Trust, based in Torbay. The Trust is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Therefore all successful applicants will be required to complete an enhanced DBS check and the Trust will take up references.
An application form can be downloaded below or is available from email@example.com
Closing date for applications: Midday Friday 9th February 2018
Interviews will take place week commencing: Monday 5th March 2018