Specialist Leaders of Education (SLEs)
come under the designation of teaching schools. Application for SLE support in a school is brokered by Torbay Teaching School Alliance (TTSA).
Applications for brokering SLEs are made via TTSA by contacting:
Lisa Toms, TTSA Director at: firstname.lastname@example.org (01803 522096) or
Wendy Vreony, TTSA Assistant Director at: email@example.com (01803 697634)
- The school requesting support completes a ‘Request for SLE support form SLE 1' (Please contact either of the above or download below)
- The headteacher of the school requesting support and the TTSA School Development Partner (or a TTSA NLE if school to school support funding has been allocated) meet to determine the scope, timescale and anticipated outcomes of the intervention and complete a ‘SLE deployment form SLE 2’’.
- The completed ‘SLE deployment form’ is then forwarded to the SLE.
- The SLE contacts the headteacher to finalise arrangements.
- At the end of the agreed support the SLE and the headteacher of the school complete the ‘SLE evaluation form SLE 3’.
- The completed evaluation form is forwarded to the TTSA School Development Partner
- SLE rate is £350 per day. £315 will be paid to the SLE’s home school; £35 will be retained by TTSA to cover training, support and admin for SLEs.
SLE Recruitment: Maths (Secondary phase) and School Business Management
TTSA is currently seeking outstanding Secondary Maths leaders to develop the leadership capacity of colleagues with similar leadership responsibilities in other schools. We are also looking for School Business Managers interested in becoming an SLE in School Business Management.
To become an SLE, you need to have been in a leadership role other than a Headteacher for at least 2 years. Your Headteacher will be asked to confirm that you’re in an appropriate role. You do not need to be in an outstanding school or a school that is part of a Teaching School Alliance, but your school will need to have the capacity to release you to work in other schools.
The application round will close at midday on Friday 8th February 2019. All completed applications must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org Interview dates will be after February half term.
If you would like to find out more about becoming an SLE, please go to the guidance at gov.uk
The application form is available to download below: